Monday, March 7, 2011

Change in Regulations: Hungarians welcome! ;)

Hip-hip hooray! Hip-hip hooray! Hip-hip hooray!
Soon (as of May 1, 2011 as far as I know) Hungarians will count as EU citizens when it comes to Swiss work permits. This means that an employee interviewing a Hungarian will no longer have to consider Swiss and other EU nationals before making a choice. In other words, it will become a lot easier (i.e. feasible) for a Hungarian to get a job in Switzerland. This also means that "jobseeker permits" (as far as I know it's a special kind of L or B permit, to be changed for a "regular" one once a position is secured) can be applied for. I don't know how this affects tourism, though, whether tourists can stay longer too, but I'll look into it.
I'm not a huge nationalist (as you could guess from my posts ^^) and I am by no means biased towards Hungarians. But I do find it rather unfair that citizens of the later batch of EU countries were under such restrictions for such a long time. I do know that in many ways Hungary's barely reaching the standards set forth by the Union. In other cases these are just out of the countries league, period. But one thing is certain. When it comes to workforce and education, we are good. :) Maybe that's what the Swiss fear...
Anyway, jokes aside, I'm looking forward to the changes this new regulation might bring. I know that there are quite a lot of illegal or barely legal immigrant in Switzerland, who find it hard to get work. I hope this opens some doors to them.
And as long as Hungarians keep eating all that Swiss chocolate, it's only fair that a couple of them get imported into cheeseland. And once there, they will now be allowed a life as well. Thank you, Switzerland!



More tips and info soon.
Have a nice week.
 xoxo
fleur

No comments:

Post a Comment