Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday Decisions...

Here's my post from EF:

"People say that it's best to resign or give someone the sack on a Friday, as then one has a weekend to celebrate or to cheer one on, meet friends, etc.

I seem to follow the same route, I always make these decisions on Friday. I guess during the week I'm just open to calls and opportunities that may come (but somehow never do). I don't work on Thursday, so I start feeling the pressure, and by Friday morning I feel really pushed to do something, to make my next week better.

So now I'm taking a turn again and going in a couple of other directions. First off I'll have a look at the qualifications I'd need to teach at high schools. Though my experience is more related to teaching adults, I have no doubts that I could excel with the younger age group. It's not so much the teaching that I'm concerned about, but I'll have to look into the requirements and administrational aspects. I know my HS teachers worked more after classes than during. =)

The other option is going freelance, which, to be honest, gives me a headache. I'm reading through the thread on freelancing, I've downloaded the manual, and I hope I'll be able to get my head around all this stuff. I don't want to post for help there as I haven't read everything as yet. But if you're reading this and have some time, could you please tell me what the easiest way is to go freelance and teach private English classes? (Like helping kids in the evenings and the like.)

OK, I'll stop blogging here. =) But I hope, at the end of the day, when I win my battle, this will be a nice tutorial to success for anyone who's wondering how this could be done. I'm one of those who've not come to Switzerland as native speakers and realized that teaching English might be a good option. I wish them all luck and I know many of them will become excellent teachers! But I want to show that if you've actually been trained to teach English for years and years, and even have some experience, there's still a chance to pursue a career here. I hope I'll have a success story to write and you'll be able to shortcut and shoot to the stars. "

No comments:

Post a Comment