Thursday, August 5, 2010

I'm Unofficially Approved (for a Permis B!)

So this is how the story goes:

My husband (of two weeks ) came to work for one of the Geneva banks last October. Until the end of April I was traveling back and forth between Geneva and our native country (Hungary), finishing my studies, etc. In May I registered at the Immigration Office (OPC), as my 180/365 "tourist visa" was quickly running out and I wouldn't have been able to stay until the wedding. By that time we were registered at the Town Hall (Mairie/Etat Civil) for the civil ceremony, so I took that form as well to the Immigration Office.

Around two weeks later I received a letter from them asking me to send them after the wedding a copy of the marriage certificate and 2 passport photos, which I promptly did. That was almost two weeks ago.

I was getting anxious. And this afternoon I called the OPC. And I was shocked...

Because the lady told me after identifying me in the system that my application has been approved and my permit is being issued. She told me about all the work they have and how slow things are and then told me that

I will have my 5 year B permit in like 2 weeks.

Well, I don't know if that's slow, some people have had to wait months. But it's certainly good news and I'm so very happy I can't tell you guys. But I'll keep cool, it's not official as yet, so I don't wan to jinx it. But it's good news indeed. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment