Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Fleur, MA

Yesss. It's done. I hold an MA. Sounds so impressive! :D

It's no boasting, it's only some juicy details. I guess after 6 years I deserve so much. So I took the exam at my home university in Budapest (Hungary) on June 9, 2010. It was an extremely hot day, lucky that the buildings are so old at the uni that they stay much colder in summer. So on the corridor, where I was waiting some 3 hours, it was actually quite nice. I seriously don't know what I was so nervous about. What could they have asked me after 6 years that I couldn't answer. Believe me, they could think of something. :)

Well, after 3 hours I was in a fairly mild mood. I'd eaten nothing after all and even if you can't be nervous for 3 hours, the morning left me quite tired. So in I went, all smiles and a "whatever may come" attitude. It was a hundred degrees (I'm talking Celsius) in the room and the referees were a lot like drooping lilies. We had a nice chat about my thesis, where some questions were shot at me but I defended my baby like a lioness, and managed to convince them that whoever else doubts my words is wrong. :))) Then I had a go at explaining discourse analysis.

Now that I'm thinking of it, I should have recorded the nice things the head of the English Department said... They were really moved, believe it or not.

Now it's on to PhD and some nice job. After all, I hold an MA! :)

Thank you all for reading!
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment